The only five star luxury resort and spa in the Marlborough Sounds, we are the perfect place to begin and end your Queen Charlotte Track experience.
Many of our guests while looking for a bit of luxury on the track choose to stay with us and take the Cougar Line water taxi service to different access points. Armed with their packed lunches made daily by our chefs, they take in the most scenic walks returning to the hot tub and spa treatments at the end of each day.
Contact our friendly reservation team to assist you with your Queen Charlotte Track itinerary.
This elegant New Zealand retreat in the heart of the Marlborough Sounds, is just 30 minutes by water taxi from Picton. Tucked away on the shores of a stunning aqua-blue bay, the contemporary bungalow apartments, peek through lush native bush and are surrounded by abundant birdlife. Cheeky Wekas, Tui, Bellbirds and Woodpigeon are all flourishing in our 11,000 native plantings, with Kingfisher and three different species of cormorant nesting nearby.
With everything you would expect from a luxury resort we are award winning for our architecture, service and the Foredeck restaurant.
Here is just a small taste of what we offer:
• One, two and three bedroom self contained apartments;
• Two waterside cafes – one exclusively for in house guests with wireless internet;
• The award winning Foredeck restaurant;
• Cedar hot tub under the stars;
• Fresh water swimming pool;
• Kayaks, dinghies, waterfall walks, glowworm grottos and opportunities to dolphin watch are all available from the resort free of charge to our guests.
If its relaxation and pampering you are seeking then this is just the place. The Makoha Spa offers a range of massage and beauty treatments that combine traditional massage with Maori myth and legend to create a truly special experience. You couldn’t dream of a better place to enjoy peace and quiet in comfort and style.