About | Mahana Lodge
Mahana Lodge is the perfect place to spend night two of your Queen Charlotte Track experience. In Maori, the word Mahana is synonymous with warmth and that is the welcome awaiting you. Our purpose-built lodge with four ensuite rooms opening to sea or bush views and separate quaint studio unit are set in a secluded sun-drenched spot just behind the charming 100-year-old Mahana Homestead.
The central lodge lounge with its breath-taking views over Endeavour Inlet offers a great place to relax and revive. Breakfast is included in the tariff and delicious home-cooked dinners and packed lunches are also available. During your stay, your every need will be met by our hospitable and experienced Lodge Managers, Leanne & Rhys, who have travelled the world to find themselves now at home in the Marlborough Sounds.
Enjoy a swim before breakfast, lie in a hammock, read a book, gather shells on the beach, go for a mountain bike ride or explore the coastline by kayak. Relax at the end of the day with a glass of wine on the beach watching the sun go down. After dinner a visit to the glow worm grotto is a must.
The warm hospitality of Mahana will ensure that your stay is a memorable one.
Host & Chef: David Woodley
- Four Lodge rooms plus one studio unit
- Hairdryers and complimentary chocolate in rooms
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk and home baking supplied.
- Breakfast included in tariff.
- Home cooked dinners and packed lunches available. Please book in advance.
- Selection of local wines and beers available.
- Payments - Eftpos, Mastercard, Visa cards accepted
Bike The Track
Find out More
Activities & Packages