List with us
Drive website traffic to your business. Add your accommodation, transport or activity listing to our website.
One of the nice things about the Queen Charlotte Track is Pack Transfers. As you walk along the Track your luggage will be transferred to your daily destination by water taxi. To assist us all please note the following:
- Take only what you actually need for your time on the track. Other luggage can be stored in Picton. Ask your accommodation provider or transport operator to arrange storage.
- Please limit your luggage to a day pack and one light to medium pack (or piece of luggage) per person.
- The recommended maximum weight per piece of luggage for unaccompanied transfer along the track is 15kg.
- Extra pieces of luggage may be accepted at an extra charge but may have to be transported separately from the one piece entitlement depending on the transport operator’s loadings for the day in question.
- For safety reasons (yours and ours) luggage for unaccompanied transfer along the track may not have additional items tied to the outside.
- Please do not leave passports, travel tickets, money or other valuables in any unaccompanied luggage.
- Transport operators provide a special label for your pack. This label is especially important as it identifies whose luggage it is, which boat company is transporting it and where it is going each day. Please make sure your label is attached and clearly visible at all times.
Please note: If you are camping at the Cow Shed Bay DOC campsite and having your luggage transferred daily by water taxi, you’ll need to check where your bags will be taken to.
You can choose to either:
– have your pack/luggage collected from the Torea Bay Wharf and stored at The Portage Hotel for you to collect. There is a charge of $5.00 per item per transfer for this service, payable direct to The Portage Hotel.
– collect your bag from the Torea Bay Wharf and carry it to the DOC Cow Shed Bay campsite & return it there the following morning.
(note: the wharf is a 20 minute walk one way from the campsite over a steep saddle).
Bike The Track
Find out More
Activities & Packages